Thursday, December 22, 2011

Step "A"

Psalm 119

ALEPH

 1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
         Who walk in the law of the LORD!
 2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
         Who seek Him with the whole heart!
 3 They also do no iniquity;
         They walk in His ways.
 4 You have commanded us
         To keep Your precepts diligently.
 5 Oh, that my ways were directed
         To keep Your statutes!
 6 Then I would not be ashamed,
         When I look into all Your commandments.
 7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
         When I learn Your righteous judgments.
 8 I will keep Your statutes;
         Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

My kids are all grown up so I do not find myself putting toys together all night on Christmas Eve anymore. I was a student of the "Instructions are for girls" school. It usually worked out ok, although I could build an extra toy or two from the left over parts.

Putting my life together using this philosophy does not work out so well. Psalms 119 is an A to Z guide to God's instructions. Today is step "A".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.