Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Other Schroeder Men.

Angel's Landing, Zion National Park, Utah



Silas isn't the only Schroeder out walking this spring.  Jake, Ben and I took a stroll to the top of Angel's Landing. It's a short 5 mile hike but the 1500 ft. ascent and rather treacherous climbs made it a challenge for an old guy like myself.  The greatest challenge I faced was getting to my feet the next day after sleeping in a tent on the ground.  I rolled out of my tent and crawled across the sand to use the back bumper of the car to pull myself to my feet. Only then did I realize my pack burner that I use to make coffee was on the ground.  It took another 20 minutes to find a way to pick it up.
 2 Aleve, 6 baby aspirin, 3 cups of coffee and some Tiger Balm had me back in form and ready to face the day.






This amazing climb was part of Jake's bachelor trip. I was very honored to be asked to join this band of adventurers.
We covered a lot of ground in 5 days.


Camped in the desert beneath a star filled sky.
Hiked one of the most dangerous trails in the USA
Watched Condors fly
Saw Ancient Petroglyphs
Crossed the Hoover Dam (told lots of Dam jokes)
Hit the Vegas Strip
Lost some $$
Won some $$
Tried to escape from an escape room
Saw a Vegas Show
Laughed a lot
Had a great time with some good men.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.