Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Waning Crescent

This morning as I walked to my Truck in the early dawn, I stopped to admire the sky. 
Directly overhead was the Moon, a waning crescent.  I was reminded that the sixth month is slipping away and in a few days a Shofar will be blown in the ancient city of Jerusalem.  This trumpet blast will mark The Lord's Feast of Trumpets, or Yom Teruah.  A Feast established by The Lord in Leviticus 23:23 and mostly forgotten by the modern church.

This verse in Genesis always comes to mind when I gaze at the night sky.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years.

So there's your sign.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.