Sunday, May 26, 2013

This morning I received an email from Melissa and I thought I would share it here.

I wake up each morning to the sound of children playing outside my window.  They love us being here, and want to play all day long.  The girls are spending all their time with the children and they love it.  It feels like all I do is ask questions and listen to the stories, I am taking lots of pictures.  there are two of the older girls who follow me everywhere. They want to be nurses or doctors and watch everything I do.

This morning was Sunday Church and it was wonderful. We sang then everyone fell to their knees and began to pray out loud, then they all hopped back on their feet and sang some more in their native tongue. It was beautiful.  West preached through an interpreter and did a great job.  The poverty here is extreme and many of the orphan's stories are sad. some of the children have AIDS or other ailments. They do have something that we don't, a slow and peaceful pace of life that does not rob the joy from their hearts. That looks very appealing.  I'll write you again soon.

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.