Monday, February 6, 2012

Hang Your Hat Here!!

   ו Vav
 41 Let Your faithful love come to me, LORD,
Your salvation, as You promised.
42 Then I can answer the one who taunts me,
for I trust in Your word.
43 Never take the word of truth from my mouth,
for I hope in Your judgments.
44 I will always obey Your instruction,
forever and ever.
45 I will walk freely in an open place
because I seek Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your decrees before kings
and not be ashamed.
47 I delight in Your commands,
which I love.
48 I will lift up my hands  to Your commands,
which I love,
and will meditate on Your statutes.


New week, new letter…….. Vav

This Hebrew letter finds it’s origins in the symbol for a tent peg or stake.  It doesn’t have an English letter associated with it.  It’s symbolic meaning was to secure, add or hook.

Last week I did not post as often as I normally do.  I really don’t have an excuse. it was a challenging week and I told  myself I was too busy to stop and spend the time to put my thoughts on paper. The reality is the opposite, my week was challenging because I was not making time in my schedule to collect my thoughts and purposefully organize onto the page what God was teaching me. I was reading and meditating on the Bible passages each day and praying through my prayer list, but there is just something about taking the time to reflect and write down what God is doing with me. Getting thoughts out of your mind and onto a page is more valuable than I realized. Try it for yourself and see if it doesn’t add a new dimension to your bible study.

So here it is for this week. VAV!  I will hang my hat on His Word this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.