Friday, February 10, 2012

 ו Vav
 41 Let Your faithful love come to me, LORD,
Your salvation, as You promised.
42 Then I can answer the one who taunts me,
for I trust in Your word.
43 Never take the word of truth from my mouth,
for I hope in Your judgments.
44 I will always obey Your instruction,
forever and ever.
45 I will walk freely in an open place
because I seek Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your decrees before kings
and not be ashamed.
47 I delight in Your commands,
which I love.
48 I will lift up my hands  to Your commands,
which I love,
and I will meditate on Your statutes.


Good Morning!
I can, I trust, I hope, I will, I will, I seek, I will, I delight, I Love, I will, I love, I will........
Do you sense a focused, purpose in the writer's language?  It's as if he is driving a stake in the ground, marking his claim. I want that in my heart.
As I read through my Psalms this morning there are so many other cares crowding my mind. It is hard to keep my focus on what God wants to say to me.  I like starting my day in the Word, but sometimes the expectation of what lies ahead makes it difficult to soak in and ponder on Him.  When I can pull it off; watching the sun slowly set at the end of the day from the tail gate of my old truck is my favorite time with the Lord. I haven’t been able to do that this week and I need it.
Tonight I’m meeting with a small group of men in a secluded bunk house. Our purpose is to spend the night digging into God’s word, praying for each other and worshiping together. I have been looking forward to a night like this for many months. The scripture above from the Psalms captures the longing of my heart.
Find your quiet place every day. It will change your walk.
Find a small group of Believers who will walk with you and share the journey. It will maintain your walk.
Find out where God wants you to go in life, it will give direction to your walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.