Monday, February 13, 2012

Things to REMEMBER....

“Say this to the Israelites: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
Exodus 3:14-16

Remember this day when you came out of Egypt, out of the place of slavery, for the LORD brought you out of here by the strength of His hand. Nothing leavened may be eaten.
Exodus 13:2-4

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy
Exodus 20:7-9

Be careful to remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy as the LORD your God has commanded you.
Deuteronomy 5:11-13

Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there with a strong hand and an outstretched arm.
Deuteronomy 5:14-16

Remember that you were slaves in Egypt; carefully follow these statutes.
Deuteronomy 16:11-13

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD. All the families of the nations will bow down before you
Psalm 22:26-28

Yahweh, I remember Your name in the night, and I obey Your instruction.
Psalm 119:54-56
Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like Me.
Isaiah 46:8-10

Remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:19-20
Remember Lot’s wife!
Luke 17:31-33


“REMEMBERING”  is a key part of “OBEYING”. 
Failing to remember  was a big problem with the children of Israel and it’s a problem with the church. 
I sense that God will be jogging our memory as the days grow darker and darker.  I am praying for a sensitive spirit and making sure I have oil in my lamp as I wait to hear that trumpet. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am amazed at how many times God tells us to remember. One thing that jumps out at me is that in order to "remember" something, you have to "know" it first. To "know" something means to "learn" it. Unlike memorizing something just to pass a test, we have to truly "know" God's precepts and have them written on our hearts in order to "remember" them the way He wants us to. Then, like you said, we have to follow it up with obedience. Thanks for the sharing Truth, brother!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.