Thursday, February 16, 2012

EBay !!!!

 ז Zayin
 49 Remember Your word to Your servant;
You have given me hope through it.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction:
Your promise has given me life.
51 The arrogant constantly ridicule me,
but I do not turn away from Your instruction.
52 LORD, I remember Your judgments from long ago
and find comfort.
53 Rage seizes me  because of the wicked
who reject Your instruction.
54 Your statutes are the theme of my song
during my earthly life.
55 Yahweh, I remember Your name  in the night,
and I obey Your instruction.
56 This is my practice:
I obey Your precepts.


I was browsing EBay last night, something I have never really done before.  I got interested in searching for random things from my childhood. Duncan Yo-yo’s, GI Joe,  Hot Wheels, and The names of the towns I grew up near. Just a note on that last one, be careful about searching Hooker on EBay.  I was amazed by what I found available.  Melissa will probably put a stop to my shopping down memory lane because I’ve got some really cool items on the way to my door step.  I found a Mennonite Missions Board penny bank like the one I used to put my Missions offering in when I was little.  A used post card with the Church my Mom and Dad were married in on it.  A 1959 Liberal Kansas, Pancake Day Pin in excellent condition.  I resisted purchasing the used post card from the Tumbleweed Motel on Highway 54 in Liberal Kansas, from 1960. I had fun and it sure brought back a lot of childhood memories.
Memories are powerful.  They stir emotions and often move us to action. REMEMBER what God has done in your life, Open His word and search for the treasures from your spiritual childhood. Even touch the scars from battles past and REMEMBER who brought the victory during those tough times.  REMEMBER the manger, the cross, the empty tomb.  Let the Spirit stir your memories, then get up, strap on the armor, pick up the sword and get in the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.