Thursday, February 2, 2012

Get Your Map out!!!

  ה He
 33 Teach me, LORD, the meaning of Your statutes,
and I will always keep them.
34 Help me understand Your instruction,
and I will obey it.
and follow it with all my heart.
35 Help me stay on the path of Your commands,
for I take pleasure in it.
36 Turn my heart to Your decrees
and not to material gain.
37 Turn my eyes
from looking at what is worthless;
give me life in Your ways.
38 Confirm what You said to Your servant,
for it produces reverence for You.
39 Turn away the disgrace I dread;
indeed, Your judgments are good.
40 How I long for Your precepts!
Give me life through Your righteousness.


Good Morning!  I’m not in the Hay field this morning. Had to get an early start and get to work. 

I’ve sat around hundreds of campfires with my kids and taught them that the Bible is like a treasure map.  We must study it and carefully follow each instruction to get to the treasure. If we neglect it on our quest we will quickly become lost and confused. Getting back on track is sometimes difficult and often requires us to back track to the point where we left the right way.  This illustration sometimes became a living example when we would get off the trail on the next days hike and become temporarily lost.

So what is the treasure? It is Jesus alive in our lives. The trail we must follow is His Truth.
The past several weeks in Psalms 119 has given me a new appreciation and passion for the map, His word.  it has also challenged me.  Am I willing to obey all His instructions? Do I recognize real treasure from fake treasure? 

HEY! get your map out and find the WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.