Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Door.....

   ד Daleth

 25 I am laid low in the dust;
   preserve my life according to your word.
26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
   teach me your decrees.
27 Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
   that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
   strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from deceitful ways;
   be gracious to me and teach me your law.
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
   I have set my heart on your laws.
31 I hold fast to your statutes, LORD;
   do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of your commands,
   for you have broadened my understanding.




Daleth, this ancient Hebrew letter finds it's origins in the picture of a tent flap or a door. It can convey several meanings; to hang, like a tent flap hangs over an opening, to move back and forth or in and out, like someone coming and going through a door. The Root symbol is a door. This week as I meditate on Psalms 119:25-32 I am asking God to open doors into my life, shine His light of Truth into the closed up hiding places in my life.



Deuteronomy 6

 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the door-frames of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.