Sunday, January 15, 2012

Walk as a stranger on the earth.

   ג Gimel

 17 Be good to your servant while I live,
   that I may obey your word.
18 Open my eyes that I may see
   wonderful things in your law.
19 I am a stranger on earth;
   do not hide your commands from me.
20 My soul is consumed with longing
   for your laws at all times.
21 You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
   those who stray from your commands.
22 Remove from me their scorn and contempt,
   for I keep your statutes.
23 Though rulers sit together and slander me,
   your servant will meditate on your decrees.
24 Your statutes are my delight;
   they are my counselors.


GIMEL
The Hebrew letter Gimel is where our letter "G" comes from. Letters started as pictures that were used to convey ideas. The Gimel was a picture of a foot. It symbolized walking, carrying, gathering. The modern letter Gimel still resembles a foot.

This weeks section of Psalms 119 is "Gimel". I am going to focus on my walk. As I meditate on and memorize this passage I'll ask God to teach me to walk in a way that pleases Him.

It is a new week!!! New challenges!! New opportunities!! Walk as a stranger on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.