Wednesday, January 18, 2012

   ג Gimel

 17 Be good to your servant while I live,
   that I may obey your word.
18 Open my eyes that I may see
   wonderful things in your law.
19 I am a stranger on earth;
   do not hide your commands from me.
20 My soul is consumed with longing
   for your laws at all times.
21 You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
   those who stray from your commands.
22 Remove from me their scorn and contempt,
   for I keep your statutes.
23 Though rulers sit together and slander me,
   your servant will meditate on your decrees.
24 Your statutes are my delight;
   they are my counselors.


Hear, O Israel, The LORD is Our God, The LORD is One.
This is the "SHEMA" a Jewish prayer from Deuteronomy 6:4. This is the first scripture taught to Hebrew children and many Jews recite this verse as a prayer twice a day.
The verse that follows is the commandment that Jesus said was the first and greatest commandment. (Matthew 22).

This seems like the place to start if I truly want to obey and delight in His commandments.

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.


Jesus said this is the foundation that all the other commandments rest upon.

Tonight would be a great night to find a quiet place and read 1 John.
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.