Sunday, January 29, 2012

HEY !!!!!!!!!

   ה He

 33 Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees,
   that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
   and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
   for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
   and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
   preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
   so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
   for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!
   In your righteousness preserve my life.


A New Week!!!!!
A New Letter!!!!


HEY, is our letter "E". If you rotate a capital "E" counter-clockwise, it looks much like the ancient symbol that later became HEY and eventually "E". It is a picture of a man with his arms out stretched and it's meaning was, look, behold, WOW!! Or HEY!
So the next time you yell "HEY!!" to get someone's attention, you're speaking Hebrew.

It's meaning was expanded to also symbolize breath, or a sigh. When you behold something spectacular you gasp, or sigh as a reaction. So here we go!

This week I will pour over Psalms 119:33-40. I will behold it and look at it. It will be as much a part of me as my very breath. It will be the lens that I view my life through this week......"teach me, turn my heart, turn my eyes, Oh Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.