Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Fresh Start

Psalm 119
ALEPH
1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the LORD!
2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!
3 They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.
4 You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.
5 Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
6 Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.
7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments.
8 I will keep Your statutes;
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

This time of year always makes me feel like a fresh start. A new year ahead of me, the busy Holidays are behind me. Even though I don’t usually make “new year resolutions” it seems appropriate.
ALEPH is the first letter of the Hebrew Alphabet, it opens Psalms 119 and it’s where I will spend my time opening 2012.
Each day:
I will seek Him with all my heart
I will walk in His ways
I will praise Him with an upright heart
I will keep His statutes
I will look at His instructions
I will learn of His righteousness
I will be diligent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All comments are reviewed before publishing.